These margaritas aren’t extremely strong, but they are tasty. Once you try this recipe, I’m confident you won’t go back to margarita mixes.
It’s also worth paying for more better alcohol (especially the tequila). It makes all the difference in having a smooth drink instead of a harsh one.
- About 8 ice cubes
- Scant 1/4 tsp of room temperature agave nectar
- 1 oz good tequila (e.g. Patron silver)
- 0.5 oz triple sec (Cointreau) or Grand Marnier
- 3 medium limes or 4 smaller limes
- A small pinch of ghost pepper infused sea salt (optional)
Add the ingredients to a lowball glass in this order: ice cubes, agave nectar, tequila, triple sec or Grand Marnier. Squeeze the limes directly into the glass. Stir thoroughly, add salt, and serve.
The ghost pepper salt is optional, but it’s a great addition. Just a few grains is enough to give the whole glass a faint hint of spiciness.