Japan had a lot of the things we were expecting, and also some surprises (of course).
Things we saw:
- People, people, people!
- Girls in anime costumes
- Men with massive hair in unnatural colors
- Temples, shrines, and castles
- Ninja maze (complete with English-speaking ninjas!)
- Vending machines that sell nearly everything
- Kids in school uniforms (including matching hats and knee-high socks)
- Toilets with more buttons than my washing machine
Things we didn’t see:
- Flying robots
- Talking fuzzy animals
- Paper towels
Just goes to show that you can’t believe everything you read.