These lattes are inspired by the similarly named drink from Flying Star. Not quite a mocha, but a little richer than a regular latte.
The proportions here make two fairly large lattes. If you use a latte machine, you’ll need to adjust the liquid amounts based on its instructions.
- 1-1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 tsp Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch red chile or cayenne powder
- Mix all the dry ingredients together into a uniform powder.
- Stir the powder into the milk, then add the cream.
- Add the coffee and heat/froth (or use the latte maker).